Friday 23 September 2016

Finally, a Friday Frolic post from moi!

So sorry, all of my dear Fellow Frolickers, I have not posted on this blog since August 14 - how appalling of me!

It is not that I have not stitched on a Friday night since then - I am pretty sure that I have almost every Friday, except for the few where we have gone out.  It is just that each weekend and then the following week would seem to fly by and before I knew it, it was too late to post a FF update, as the next Friday Frolic was underway - lol!

Anyway, enough excuses, back on track today.  Here is what I stitched on yesterday...

Bad Halloween Fairy


My own design using motifs and alphabet from the book underneath, Point de croix couleurs.  This is for the Bad Fairy theme for this month for the Halloween Ornie SAL


Also, a few weeks ago, for FF, I picked up a very old Just Nan WIP, Morning Song.

Before:



After:


And another time, I did a bit more on Too Cold to go out, I can tell you, stitching "Furio" on the right, is quite tricky.



So, that's me, more or less up to date with the Friday Frolics.

hugs, Kaye



7 comments:

The Eskimo's Wife said...

The Just Nan piece is gorgeous. You can never go wrong with those patterns. I've had Too Cold to go out on my wishlist for a while. I need to get around to that one. Beautiful stitching!

Brigitte said...

OH, How I know that, Kaye. I also usually stitch on Fridays but somehow never get to take a picture and then then the weekend is gone. Sigh.
JN's band sampler are all so lovely, like this one. You were doing great pulling it out and stitch a bit on it. The other pieces are all so sweet, too.

Khristine Doiron said...

I am really looking forward to seeing your fairy! Morning Song and Too Cold both look great! Those little lambs are as cute as anything! And the kitte's fur looks wonderful :)

Rachel said...

I am with you on that. My stitching is always on Sundays, but since it's usually always the same WIP, I thought it might be a bit boring to show every week. Lol

Your stitching looks great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

oooo, a bad fairy! I think "own designs" were the way to go for that theme.
Love the Just Nan chart. Now I've finished Counting Bats I need to start another one, just so I have a JN in my rotation LOL

Stitching Noni said...

Great update Kaye!
I too stitch every Friday night but always forget to take photos and post... time to get back into the habit again!
Hugs xx

FlashinScissors said...

Bad Fairy is great!!!
I'm usually stitching on Fridays too, but, like Rachel, it's usually the same project .... ! I love Morning Song .... the sheep are so cute, ..... and your cats are so sweet!
Hugs, Barbara xx