stitched on 32 count lilac linen
And here is the finished piece:
It's very hard to get a good photo of it because it's so long and thin! But you've seen all the individual bands throughout the year, so look back for close-ups.
Just in case the jury decide those aren't bad fairy wings, I thought I ought to have a back-up plan. I looked everywhere for Bad Fairies and mostly found full-coverage pieces or Nora Corbett's Trick or Treat Fairy (which I have in my stash). I wanted something little. I found some nice Maleficent designs in that pixel style but I'm not really a Disney person.
So I decided to adapt an existing fairy by Lucie Heaton and make her Bad!
That's actually the same fabric as Counting Bats is stitched on but it looks more blue here.
Here's the original design so you can see the changes:
I used the silks from Counting Bats for her dress, tights, shoes, hair and hat. DMC for her bat wings and Kreinik for her wand. I sketched her on graph paper to get the wings right.
I didn't finish a cube this week. Hubby shut himself in the living room to watch the Grand Prix in peace and my stuff was all in there! I'll have to double-up another week.