Monday 27 March 2017

Potions Progress

Hi, again :) It's been a while since I posted on my Friday Frolicking on my Potions, Brews, and Spells pattern. I wanted to have a few Friday's worth of stitching before I posted about it again. So here is my progress since the last time :)




I ended up with my initials and date after last week's frolicking. There is a few more cross stitch bits below this section, but a majority of it is backstitching, specialty stitches, and cross stitching over one. After I get the regular cross stitching done in this section, I plan on moving back up and leaving the bottom section until last.


I was able to get a close up photograph of the thread color. Isn't it pretty? I love the variegated purples. It has been a while since I've worked with colored silks and I don't think I've ever worked with a variegated one before. I love how it stitches up.

Maybe some day I'll be able to get a photograph of the fabric that shows its true color. My cell phone camera does whatever it wants with this fabric depending on the time of day and lighting......ugh!

Until next time ^____^

5 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

Gorgeous!! The thread is perfect for this pattern :)

Christina said...

Ooohhh my favourite colour is purple and that thread is gorgeous!! 😍

Kaisievic said...

Potions is stitching up beautifully, Rachel. Thanks for sharing it with us!

FlashinScissors said...

Great progress Rachel.
The variegated purple thread is very pretty ..... my fav colour too!
Barbara x

Brigitte said...

Great progress, Rachel. And you are right, the purples are great and so appropriate for the theme.