Friday 28 September 2018

Mind your Ps and Qs.....

or at the very least come check mine out!

So, for Friday Frolics this week, I chose to stitch on Peas and Qs by The Cricket Collection.

The last time I stitched on this piece was June last year (2017).

This is where I started yesterday.....   (the fabric is a very pretty green which is not really showing up in the photo, sorry).


... and as yesterday was a public holiday - for the AFL (Aussie Rules Football) Grand Final parade and, yes, we are so sports mad in Melbourne that we have not one but two public holidays for sporting events, the other being the Melbourne Cup in November (horse race) - that I was able to have a bit of a marathon of stitching on it, whilst I vegged out watching The Split (absolutely fabulous) and then The Making of the Mob (pretty good).

You can't see it all that clearly but I did the backstitch on the wreath as well.


This is what the finished the design will look like one day, sooner rather than later, I hope.


As this afternoon is the Grand Final (no mighty Tigers this year, though - boo hoo!), TraderVic and I will watch it this arvo - so I hope to stitch a good chunk more on it today.

hugs, 


5 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely progress Kaye.

Linda

FlashinScissors said...

A pretty piece, Kaye, and great progress!
Nice of you to tell us about your public holidays .... interesting to know what goes on in other countries!
Those programmes sound good - hadn’t heard of them here in the U.K.
Happy stitching!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Khristine Doiron said...

That is so very pretty! I have never seen that pattern before and might have to add it to my wishlist :)

Brigitte said...

I love teh Cricket Collection design. And this is no exception :))

RJ said...

Oh my is this a pretty stitch Kaye. I love it. Sorry I have to answer so many of your posts at the same time. I'm having a hard time typing...arthritis in my hand has been horrible this fall. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever