Friday 15 January 2016

I'm back with some blackwork:)

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately it's been a while since I joined you all, but Christmas, New Year and lots of other events got in the way of my stitching in general. However, now I hope to be back on a more regular basis and I am looking forward to some weekly frolicing and sharing it all with you:)

Recently I've been going through my cross stitch magazines looking for suitable charts for this year, and I came across some cute blackwork charts in Cross Stitch Crazy issue 203. They are designed by Lesley Teare and tonight I picked one of them to work on whilst watching some skiing on the telly.


Backstitch is not my favorite kind of stitching, but I rather like to do blackwork:) Especially as you can use just about any colour you fancy:) And the project grows rather quickly too! Hopefully I'll finish this little chart over the weekend, and who knows...I might stitch this chart again in another bright colour since I quite like it:)

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've all been working on!

Annie

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That is beautiful!! I love the 'green apple' color you chose. It really 'pops' against the white fabric.

Makes me want to stitch a black work design :)

Good luck with your stitching. Please share if you decide to stitch it in another color :)

cucki said...

Love the color so much
It's so beautiful x

Kaisievic said...

So pretty!

Brigitte said...

... and I saw this lovely little heart finished on your blog. Great job!