I did have to work on the Saturday which explains why I didn't post my progress last week.
Elizabeth Shephard by The Scarlet Letter has been my IHSW project for some time now. She was started on Day 14 of the DUCJC2015 and I have stitched her regularly since then. I am now over half-way through her.
stitched on 30 count linen using AVAS silks
This Friday I stitched the motif on the far left, the solid dark one. There are two more "whole" motifs and four more "half" motifs along the bottom. It's quite a big piece and I'm not a fan of the fabric, which came with the kit. I think she would be much better on a 40 count.
For those of you unfamiliar with The Scarlet Letter, the designs are mostly reproduction samplers. Marsha buys or borrows antique samplers and painstakingly recharts them to modern standards. She charts them in the condition they are now, so that's why there are gaps in some of the motifs where the original threads are no longer visible. She also keeps all the inconsistencies in. So if the original stitcher didn't make a motif symmetrical then it won't be symmetrical on the reproduction. Which can be hard because we are used to symmetry in our designs!
You can read more about Elizabeth Shephard on The Scarlet Letter's website.