Tuesday 31 January 2017

Hello 2017!

Hello everyone! Happy New Year!
I haven't been around here for a long time now and I thought I must show you something!
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to start stitching on my UFOs and WIPs only and not start anything else.
So on January 1st I started stitching on my Balinese Dancer (or Indonesian Dancer) by
Thea Gouverneur.
I really don't know how many years I have this, probably more than 15 I think!
I started it, made the face and stopped too tired to go on.
Then at some point started the head flowers did half and stopped and at another time I did the rest of the flowers (all in hues of white, beige and yellows) and stopped again!
As the stitching bug has come back to me the last few years and I am stitching more and more disciplined than any other time, hence managed to finish the Snowflower Diaries Joyful World SAL last year,I decided to stitch this too and maybe manage to finish it in 2017!
Here's a photo of how it was on January 1st.
Some photos on the process.

 I even took it with my on my short holiday and also stitched all the week of the snowstorm that schools were closed!

 And last night!After a whole month I managed to stitch the sleeve of her dress, which I think is the most difficult one!
 And here's how it will look finished! (photo from the web)

I am eager to finish it I must say and I think by the end of February it will be done!

12 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Wow! Great progress! This is a gorgeous design and it will be lovely watching your progress on it. Keeping going - you are so close to finish now :o)

Mini said...

I like how many of us are posting again on this blog. This is such a wonderful design and your stitching is lovely.

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, that's a very impressive project. And you managed to stitch a lot on it last month.
This year a lot of stitchers try to finish some of their WIPs and UFOs. A great plan that I also try to follow but I know that every now and then I have to start something new :)

Ariadne said...

LOL!Not really close but I love how it evolves!AriadnefromGreece!

Ariadne said...

Thank you so much!AriadnefromGreece!

Ariadne said...

Is it maybe age?Is it maybe we are all thinking we have too much stash we will never stitch?Who knows. But this one I want finished before starting anything else!!AriadnefromGreece!

FlashinScissors said...

Like you, my stitching bug has returned recently, and I too am trying to finish a few really old UFO's!
You made great progress on Friday night, wonderful stitching!
Well done being so determined to finish, Ariadne!
I'm hoping to have a couple of finishes hopefully this month!
Barbara x
from Theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

Khristine Doiron said...

So beautiful! You are making wonderful progress on her :)

Ariadne said...

Dear Barbara thank you for your comment. I stitch every night not just Friday night though!AriadnefromGreece!

Ariadne said...

Thank you!AriadnefromGreece!

Kaisievic said...

Ariadne, this is so very beautiful and I can definitely see her finished this year - good on you (and don't worry, I am currently working on a WIP from 1986!)

Rachel said...

Beautiful!!! The variety of thread colors make the design so lovely!!