Sunday, 20 September 2015

ABC Christmas...

... for this Friday Frolic, I picked up a WIP from earlier in the year, called ABC Christmas by Lizzie Kate.

This is what it looked like when I picked it up early Friday evening...


By the end of the evening I had finished the word "Poinsettia" and started on the "S" for "Snowman"....


I then worked on it intermittently over the weekend (interspersed with other SAL stitching) and I finished quite a bit more.


Psst!  Do you want to know a secret?  Of course you do!  See the three "snowflakes" under the snowman?  Well, that are not meant to be there at all!  Just above the "W" there was a tiny reddish-brown mark (possibly blood from a pricked finger) which I could not remove (as the floss is overdyed I didn't want to try washing the piece), so I came up with the bright idea (well, I hope it is a bright idea) of adding three snowflakes like the one at the end of the word.  What do you think?  Does it work okay?  I am pretty happy with my solution.

This was a great FF piece to work on this weekend and I can see that others have had fun on their WIPs, too.

Have a great week, everyone,

hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Good idea to save your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to cover a spot with a snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on this piece. And great solution to the blood mark problem. Noone would ever guess that the snowflakes are not meant to be there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really gorgeous LK design :o) So pleased to see you stitching on it again... Love your snow flakes!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design! Your snow flakes look as if they were meant to be there - thank your quick thinking that you were able to save your work.

    ReplyDelete