Sunday 18 November 2018

Elizabethan Nosegay

Hi there, it's me ..... Barbara (from The Flashing Scissors)

Long time no see! 

Look what happened to me this week! 

I was so determined to have some stitching to show ..... 

I'd been meaning to finish this little sachet for sooo long, (actually I mentioned it "here" in July last year) and this Friday I finally set to ..... and promptly wrecked the the whole thing!!

I thought I knew what I was doing, but I must have rushed at it!

The instructions say to stitch the front and back together one square out from the outer row of cross stitches. I machine stitched around the design, on each piece - the front and the back - one square out and then cut away the outer fabric, one square away from that machine stitched row! What was I thinking of! 

When I re-read the instructions I saw I should have left a 1 cm seam! Aaaargh!

The Flashing Scissors

So, now I am very carefully hand stitching around the edge ..... and hoping I can salvage the poor little sachet somehow!

The Flashing Scissors

You would not believe the number of times I have read these instructions in the past!

Hope you are having a better stitching time than me (or should that be "I")!  Doh!





Happy Stitching!
Hugs,
Barbara xxx

8 comments:

Kay said...

Oh no!! I hope it works out for you. x

Kaisievic said...

Oh no, Barbara - don't worry, it happens to the best of us - hopefully you can salvage it. Good luck!

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you, Kay, and Kaye, I’m waiting for daylight to carry on with this stitching ..... far too tricky in electric lighting!
Barbara xx

Khristine Doiron said...

Isn't that annoying when instructions change after you have read them. Happens to me all the time :) I'm sure you will make this work and it will have a great story to go with it too!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Khristine,
I just didn’t read those instructions enough times!
Barbara xx

Birthe Marie said...

Oh no! I hope it will be ok afterwards. It could have been me. It is quickly done not to read properly. :-)

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for your comment Birthe! As you are a no reply blogger I hope you may see this message.
It did go quite well eventually, you may have seen by now, but if not you can see it here: https://theflashingscissors.blogspot.com/2018/12/gifted-gorgeousness-december-2018.html
Barbara xx

draw online said...

Thanks again for sharing this content