Friday 14 February 2020

Jour d'Hiver

or A Winter's Day by Lili Violette, is the WIP I chose to stitch on this Friday.  I was pleased to work on this as it is one of my "20 in '20" for WIPocalypse, so it was great to pick it up this year.

Oh, my goodness, the last time I posted on this was 24 March, 2015 - nearly five years ago!  It looked like this way back then:



but I obviously did stitch more on it at some point because now it looks like this:


Unfortunately, I didn't get very much time yesterday (Friday) to stitch on it as I had a very busy day (coffee with girlfriends, afternoon at the hairdressers and dinner out for Valentine's Day) and then I spent most of that stitching time deciding upon which blue to use for the flowers as I didn't like the original DMC 931. So, I auditioned a few other colours and eventually settled upon Gentle Arts Blue Jay (which is one of my favourite variegated blues).  I am very happy with how this blue is looking now.


Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 


2 comments:

Khristine Doiron said...

She is so pretty!

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Khristine, yes she is a pretty lady.