Saturday 19 May 2018

A Twofer post....

Oh dear, I forgot to post my Friday Frolics last week but the good news is that this week is a Twofer post!

Last week, I picked up this negelected WIP, Winter Wonderland from a Better Homes and Gardens mag.

This is where I was up to.... (I cannot find anywhere that I have posted about this earlier, so I am not sure when I started it).


This is where I got up to after my Friday Frolic....


 .... and then I stitched on it for three more days (Tuesday to Thursday) and managed to get heaps more done  - the roof of the house is almost finished, I have started on the stonework around the ice skating pond and stared the ice.  The gentleman skater is almost finished, too, don't you just love his checked pants?



One day, in the not too distant future, I hope, it will look like this....


I must thank my dear stitchy friend, Brigitte, for inspiring me to find this design on Ebay  - I do love it so very much.

This past Friday, I picked up a BAP, 
"Spaziergang durch unser Dorf"or "Walk through our Village" by UB Design. (Apologies to any German-speaking readers, this is the translation that Google Translate gave me).

This is where I was up to when I picked it up on Friday...



... and here is my Friday progress...  



... and this is what it will look like one day!!!!!


I do have a favour to ask of any of you who speak German.  The instructions for this design is entirely in German (which I do not know) which is fine for the cross stitch part but for the back stitch I am all at sea as to what is what!  So, my favour is this, would any of you be willing to translate the instruction page for me if I email it to you?  I would be most grateful.

Anyway, that is my Friday Frolicking for me this week and last.  What did you stitch on?

hugs, 

P.S. I am having ANOTHER Girl's Nest Giveaway (#6), click on the pic below if you would like to enter.  Closes May 31st.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love both projects you worked on Kaye.

Linda

FlashinScissors said...

Both projects are fantastic, Kaye, and you’ve made a great start on both of them!
I do hope someone can help translating the instructions for you. Not me though, can’t help.
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Khristine Doiron said...

I love both of these projects!! And if I knew German I would help you out for sure.. but I don't :(

Brigitte said...

Winter wonderland is a ral fun stitch, isn’t it. I dearly loved stitching all the skaters on the ice and last time i had the project out I started backstitching them so that it won’t be left until the end. Your progress is amazing, Kaye.