Saturday 30 April 2016

Kaye's last frolic for April ... ...

I did my frolicking during the day yesterday, working hard on finishing my April Hallowe'en and Christmas Ornaments for their respective SALs. Great success with finishing the Christmas Ornament but less so with the Hallowe'en one - although I am hopeful of a finish tonight, so that I will make the end of April deadline - fingers crossed!

I really struggled to find a design which called to me for the April theme of ghosts for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL and then I was rescued by the mailman, who brought me my order of some Just Nan patterns, including the wonderful Counting Bats.  The gorgeous Jo is stitching this for the SAL and so I am going to jump on her bandwagon and start with the ghost band and move around from there.  Thanks, dear Jo, for the inspiration.



32 ct Evening Sky Belfast Linen
Mixture of called-for DMC threads and over-dyed floss from my stash
(it is actually a bit more lilac than this picture shows)

I also really struggled to choose an April design for the theme of ornament, until I discovered this great Prairie Schooler booklet in my stash - wonderful designs!



I used these two gorgeous Sajou cotton flosses and stitched it on 28ct white linen (I am planning to stitch the reindeer in the top left corner for May).

hugs, Kaye

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Great Friday stitching. I am doing my Frolicking today as we were not at home yesterday, so some pictures of what my number generator chose tomorrow or so.

Khristine Doiron said...

I love your Counting Bats start!! 2 wonderful project for a Friday night of stitching :)

Kaisievic said...

Can't wait to see them!

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Khristine, I worked hard on them both for FF.

Stitching Noni said...

Wow! Great choices for your April SAL's... love the PS design :o)
Hugs xx