Sunday 10 April 2016

Serendipitous Jo's Fifteenth Frolic of the Year

Following my Happy Dance for Nora Corbett's J Fairy (see this post for photos) I used the Random Number Boy to pick my next focus project.  Another Nora Corbett!   But not a fairy or a lady this time.  This is one a series of Little Snowy buildings she did a while back.  There are six in total and I have charts for three of them.  And the bling too.  There is a LOT of bling in these buildings.

I started Little Snowy Gray Cottage on Day 19 of the DUCJC2015 and this week is the first time I have picked it up again.

Here is the first day's progress from the DUCJC2015:



And here is where we are now:

Stitched on 32 count Blue Hydrangea Opalescent from Crafty Kitten

I substituted B5200 for the Blanc which looked murky next to the sparkle.  I also substituted a Jodyri Thread called Emerald Forest for the Caron Waterlilies in the hedge.  I mean, £5 for one skein!  I can buy an actual hedge plant for that amount.



6 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Such a sweet stitchery! It's really useful to know where your fabric and cottons come from as my local shop, good as it is, doesn't stock everything I need for my stitching. Very pretty thread substitution and the price is certainly better! I think you are right that B5200 does suit the picture better.

Barbara xx

Kaisievic said...

A very pretty WIP to stitch on for FF - love the fabbie, Jo.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. While we can pay $6 to $8 for specialty threads here in Oz - we don't pay quite as much as £5!

Brigitte said...

A great piece the Random Number Boy picked. Does he like sparkly as well? Looks great already.

Carm said...

Love the sparkly! I'm a glitter loving person, LOL!

Stitching Noni said...

Love this random pick! Great progress :o)