Monday 18 April 2016

Serendipitous Jo's Sixteenth Frolic of the Year

The Third Friday of the month heralds the start of IHSW - International Hermit & Stitch Weekend hosted by Joysze of Random Ramblings.  Here are the guidelines for IHSW and here is April's sign-up page.  You can also copy Hermie the crab onto your blog to show everyone you have joined in.

My IHSW piece has been The Scarlet Letter's Elizabeth Shephard for some time now.  I have reached the bottom right of the design so we can see the full width and height of the piece now.


The chequerboard was nice and easy, once you made sure you had counted correctly it was a matter of repeating the rows until it was finished.


stitched on 30 count linen using the AVAS silks supplied.

I know people rave about silks but to be honest I am not that enamoured of them.  They are not difficult to stitch with (aside from the usual one strand issues of the needle coming unthreaded more often as you reach the end of the length) but are they worth the extra money?  I'm not sure.  I also plan to never use 30 count linen again!  I must actually measure it because it seems bigger than 28 somehow. 

She does look wonderful as I stitch her and the chart is really easy to follow.  It has the most amazing overlaps between pages which I love.  So much easier than those fiddly little two row overlaps.

5 comments:

cucki said...

It's so beautiful my dear x

Kaisievic said...

Looking stunning, Jo, it must be a good feeling to have reached a third corner.

Carm said...

Awesome, I love it!

Brigitte said...

Great stitching on this piece, Jo.
I have never stitched with AVAS silks, so far I have only used NPI silks when they came with a kit, and Vikki Clayton silks that don't exist any longer. That's my only experience with silks.

Stitching Noni said...

Well done! Great progress :o) This really does look gorgeous :o)